Enquiries may be made by filling a booking request form found on our website. If there is an available place upon a course then an invoice will be emailed to you to arrange payment.
A booking can only be confirmed when the completed booking request form and course fee have been received by bank card for proforma bookings or alternatively an invoice has been issued. To ensure your place on the course it is advisable to send payment or accept the invoice as early as possible. Your place on the course will then be confirmed by email.
Terms & Conditions for Proforma Invoice Payment
- Customers receive an 8% discount by paying with a 'proforma invoice' using a bank card.
- Your provisional reservation on this course will only be held open for 24 hours so please make your payment as soon as possibleafter your receive your proforma invoice.
- Proforma invoices can only be paid by bank card via a link in your proforma invoice to Barclays Merchent Bank.
- We cannot accept card details over the phone.
- If the course is fully booked at time of payment we will inform you as soon as possible with alternative dates or to arrange a refund.
- If you cancel your booking within 14 days prior to the start of the course you will be liable for the full amount.
Terms & Conditions for Invoice Payment
- Invoices are subject to a 15% late payment surcharge
- If the invoice is paid before the course the surcharge of 15% will be waived
- If the invoice is paid within 14 days of the start of the course then half the surcharge of 15% must be paid
- If the invoice is paid more than 14 days after the start of the course then the full surcharge of 15% must be paid
- No certificates will be issued until the invoice has been paid in full
- Certificates will be sent to the address provided at time of booking unless otherwise notified
- If the invoice is paid in advance certificates will be issued to delegates on the day of the course provided delegates names are supplied 24 hours before the start of the course
Group bookings at your own venue
- When our trainers have to travel for more that about 75 miles to the training venue, suitable, private, quiet accommodation would be expected to be provided. If you are in any doubt, please contact us for advice.
- The training venue should comply with all necessary health and safety standards and sufficient space should be available for the number of delegates attending (at least 7m x 7m is recommended for a course of 12 people.
- For every additional course member an extra 2sqm of floor space is required)
- The room should be large enough to seat everyone comfortably in a semi-circle formation with open floor space in the centre (desks are not required). The floor area should be clean and uncluttered, as this will be used for the practical parts of the course.
- Additional space will also be required for assessments on the final day of the 2-Day and 3-Day First Aid At Work Courses (Usually between 1pm and 4pm). A separate room is required for the practical assessment.
- Our trainers reserve the right to cancel a course if the training venue is not appropriate to the needs of the course
Cancellation by Client
If you cancel 14 days before the start of the course you will be offered an alternative date or a full refund. In the event of a cancellation within 14 days of the start of the course the course fee is non-returnable.
Cancellation by Adventure Learning Ltd
This is extremely unlikely. However we reserve the right to cancel at any time. If this were to occur you would choose either to receive a full refund or you could attend alternative courses. If a course has to be cancelled at short notice due to unforeseen circumstances we will make at least two attempts to contact you at the address, telephone, email given on your booking form.
Late arrivals or absences
Late arrival or absence from any session will probably mean that you will not receive the certificate for which you have joined the course. In all such cases the full course fee remains payable.
Adventure Learning will not be liable for any loss, damage, expense, injury or delay of any kind to the client, employee of the client or any third party by any act, default or omission of any kind however caused except so far as such liability cannot be excluded by law.